Monday, September 22, 2014

How do I even room?

Currently I live in a room with an attached bathroom. It's a good sized bedroom. Unfortunately, I don't just need it to be a bedroom. What I actually need is for it to be a bedroom/work space.

Work space(n): A place wherein an individual can get things done- i.e. work/hobbies, planning, managing information, learning exercises- and keep the different aspects of life organized. Must include storage and organization for relevant materials- i.e.: beads and other craft supplies, books and other tools of reference, records, and small items necessary to keep technology well maintained.
Must also include a sizable surface area on which work can be accomplished.

So in other words, I've got to be able to sleep in here, get ready in here, be productive in here, and somehow have it not implode.

Right. Must find a site or something- I don't know, really anything- where someone can start giving me some ideas.

I mean, surely this is not a unique problem.

Yet again, I find myself wishing I knew the basics of building so I could design custom furniture/storage solutions which would actually stay together, not suck, and fit my needs.

Is there a class for that? Basics of building stuff: How to not be a complete idiot about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment